Monday, February 20, 2017

Seccundus Spire Guard

Although I’m much more of a fan of the more “realistic” takes on the Imperial Guard, I’ve always had a bit of grudging admiration for the Vostroyan models. I think it’s the rebreather thing / Napoelonic inspiration, although I’ve never been happy with the moustache look.

To that end I thought I’d grab a pack to represent some kind of higher echelon, Spire Guard for my Seccundus Hive setting. I sawed off the un-protected heads and replaced them with something that I thing looks more fitting. However, the main conversion was with the weapons.

I’ve always thought that the combination of ornate barrel and stock etc, and fairly ordinary looking muzzle didn’t quite work with the Vostroyans. I wanted something that looked a bit more in keeping with their style, and hit upon the 15th Century Arquebus. These weapons had very little exposed muzzle at all and were incredibly ornate. To this end I snipped the exposed barrels off and replaced them with watch parts. I quite like the idea that each weapon is a unique construction.


Overall, fairly innocuous conversions, but ones that I think add a fair amount of character.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely conversions . the combination of simple barrel swap and and new helmet really changes the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete