Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Been a while.

Wow! It’s been a while. Funny how blogging drops off once life gets in the way. 
Having said that, I have actually been painting and modelling etc, just not showing off :) Still, with that said, here’s a quick run down of what I’ve been working on.

Renegade Tank.
I had the bare bones of this Leman Russ sitting around for months until I finally decided to do something with it. If you don’t have any old lego, get hold of some. It’s a great modelling tool to construct superstructure. I usually use it to create the basic shapes of a model, then plate it completely with plastic-card to hide the ‘bobbles’. Most of my Chimera conversion models have been created in this way.

I wanted to create a machine that looked as though it had been stored in mothball for thousands of years, taken out of service by my renegade army.





Primaris Marines
I finally succumbed to the true scale revolution and got hold of a small detachment of Primaris Marines. I’m quite liking the larger look although I’m the kind of anally retentive chap who then says ‘but what about my old scale marines?’ I’m not planning to recreate those that I have already in true scale as I love the Mark 2 Heresy look too. These guys will do for now. They’re intended as some kind of Inquisitorial Kill Team. I spiced them up with a few extra seals, armoured panels and Grey Knight heads etc.







So that’s it. Hopefully I won’t leave it so long next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment